This manual should give you an overview of the functions of mixing station and how to use them.
Note: This manual is not yet complete, I'm currently working on it!
Mixing Station is an Android app to remote control compatible digital mixers
The project started October 2013 and all development is done by one person in his freetime.
Also I want to thank everyone who helped with beta testing, new feature ideas and general feedback!
|XM32||X32, X32 Producer, X32 Compact, X32 Rack, X32 Core, M32, M32R, M32C / starting with firmware version 1.15|
|QU||Qu16, Qu24, Qu32, QuPac|
To connect Mixing Station to an X32 a Wi-Fi router is required. There are many ways to setup a network so the following guide is only one of many solutions.
- Open the configuration page of the Wi-Fi router and activate the DHCP server. Write down the start IP address of the DHCP range, we will need that later.
- Change the IP address of the X32 to be below the DHCP address range. Example:
- IP Router: 192.168.1.1
- DHCP-Range: 192.168.1.20 – 192.168.1.200
- IP: 192.168.1. X (X must be less than 20 and more than 1)
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 192.168.1.1 (IP of the Wi-Fi router)
- Connect the Wi-Fi router to the Console via an Ethernet cable. If your Wi-Fi router has a “Wan” port make sure not to use it.
- Connect your android device to the wifi network.
- Open Mixing Station and press “Search”. After 1-10 seconds a new entry should appear with the console name and IP. Click on it to connect.
- If no console is found try to enter the IP address of it in the “IP” field and press “Connect”.
- If you got trouble setting up your network see “FAQ”.
The image above shows the different axis and their influence on the current value. A combination of two axis is possible: A drag to the top right corner increases the value faster than dragging only to the right.
Touch and hold the knob to get a horizontal fader popup for more precise value changes. The popup will only open if the value of the knob has not been changed by a drag since touching it.
Double tap on the knob to reset the value.
The fader is used by dragging the white knob to the top or bottom. If the “Fine Mode” is enabled it is possible to start dragging at any position.
Horizontal fader and GEQ fader only: Double tap on a fader resets its value to the default.
Depending on the accuracy of the touchscreen a small value jump might occur when starting dragging the fader knob.